Symposium Travel Information
The 4th Matthew Gfeller Neurotrauma Symposium will be held in the BlueZone (Concourse Club), located on the 3rd floor of the Loudermilk Center for Excellence at the East end of Kenan Football Stadium at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on March 3-4, 2017.
BlueZone, Loudermilk Center for Excellence (3rd Floor)
Kenan Football Stadium
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
33 Ridge Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
From Raleigh/Durham International Airport to Rams Head Parking Deck (33 Ridge Road, Chapel Hill, NC, 27514)
- Take I-40 West.
- Take NC 54 West via Exit # 273-A toward Chapel Hill and go about 3 miles.
- After about 6 traffic lights, you will go under Hwy 15/501 overpass and be on Raleigh Road heading up a steep hill with heavy police presence (watch your speed!)
- Turn left onto Country Club Rd.
- Take a quick right onto Ridge Rd.
- You will pass our football practice facility (on the right), our baseball stadium (on the left), and Stadium Drive.
- Rams Head Parking Deck will follow on the right.
- Parking is $1.50/hr. We are unable to provide parking vouchers.
Once you have parked, here are directions to the Blue Zone (venue where symposium will be hosted):
- Once you are in the deck take the elevator up to the Plaza Level.
- Facing the Loudermilk Center (Blue Zone) – follow brick pathway on RIGHT
- Enter the white gate on LEFT, into the stadium
- Turn LEFT into the stadium, toward the Blue Zone
- Enter Blue Zone through middle doors
- Signage will be available to help direct attendees
Lodging and accommodations are the attendee’s responsibility and are not included in the registration costs. For any specific inquiries or needs, please contact the hotels listed below directly. In addition to these hotels, there are several others in the Chapel Hill area. Most room blocks will be vacated 30 days prior to the conference. Please book early as UNC plays host to Duke in men’s basketball and hotel accommodations in close proximity to campus will likely fill up quickly. Attendees are free to make reservations at any hotel of his or her choosing. Click on the hotel chain logo for direct link to group booking site. The group rate is linked to Gfeller Concussion Symposium at all the hotels listed below.